The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant recall anyone targeting/or catch reports of anyone going for dogfish lrf, they must be good fun on the light gear, can be a nuisance when bait fishing i know, was thinking some sort of worm sp hard on the bottom,(lol) any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I know it's not exactly the same, but had them off a boat on my old Abu spinning rod using live sand eel, so there has to be a possibility HRF wise. Got to say, was one of the most fun sessions I've ever had, some of them were getting on 3lb and made some decent runs against a light drag.

One thing though, you'll soon stop thinking it was a good idea when they start throwing up their stomach contents over your nice clean waders:shock:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Don't see why a slow worked big hammer shouldn't do the business. Just need to be able to reach the ground, they are normally not that close in here.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was thinking sp dipped in mack' oil ****, i'l have a go for a bit of fun, iv never had one spew on me matt.....yet!

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi, i caught a couple last yr, down chesil. fowl hooked them... was after cod and was using heavy sinking lures dipped in a mix of vasaline, fish oil, glitter and tinsel strands....

my mate caught 1 on a length of bait elastic still wrapped round hook, did have a crab squid mix but was robbed... not caught on the hook... caught on the elastic...!!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
You'd have thought that with the amount of deadsticking done with various corn based products that was done in the winter/spring, one would have been taken already? Quite suprised we haven't seen it yet to be honest.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats what i was thinking mark, maybe they dont like sp's, gonna give it a go w'end when my familys gone home

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
What do you fellas in Jersey call them? I had a Jerseyite Skipper on a longliner years ago who always reefered to them as "Murgees" the name's stuck with me ever since. They've always been a scourge but LRF might make me see them in a different light... :-D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts