The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm of to bude, Cornwall for a party nxt Saturday (the 6th November) and I figured as I would be so close to the rich north Cornwall coast I wouldn't pass up the opportunity of an early morning bass session on the Sunday, who would?!

The gist of this post is that I've never fished any of this area and would love a bit of advice on where to give a go?? Just a general point in the right direction would be great and if anyone else is up for a session then even better!!

Even tips on how it's fishing would do, always looking to increase my knowledge

Thanks Ben :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ben there are several places close to bude worth checking out. Get your o/s map out and have a look at duckpool, sandymouth and northcott to the north of bude for sandy beaches at low tide with tons of rock gullies as the tide pushes up to high. The mark I would head to first would be widemouth bay just 1.5 miles south of bude. There you have plenty of territory to cover with rocky reef and huge sand filled gullies to pull a lure through. Would be ideal to go and have a look at the set up at low tide then fish the pushing tide as the reefs and gullies get filled. From the main car park at widemouth look north and get out there also to the far south of the beach where there is a large rock(black rock) protruding out of the beach at the mid tide mark.
There is also a decent tackle shop down by the canal quayside that will always help you out with any questions. As with the whole of the north coast take it easy if the swell is really pumping as the big set waves can creep up on ya!
Take care and hope you score.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Luke, I'm now completely excited about my morning session. I'll report back on my trip. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would like to report back on my trip.

firstly i'd like to thank luke again for the advice. i didn't have the session i had hoped as the tides was just starting to eb at 1st light. the morning session was limited due to the excess of the evening before! so after a short session on the rocks to the left of the main beach at widemouth bay i packed it in for breakfast. i decided to try again in the afternoon as the tide turned to fill the rocky gullies.

my afternoon session didn't go exactly to plan, i was occumpanied by my 2 nephews (9 and 11), lots of enthusiasm but not much in the way of endurance, another short session followed! the flooding gullies were exellent for fishing, the advice about the swell was also well recieved as i narrowly avoided a soaking. as for bass i didn't catch any with a tap and swiral all to report, however it was a lovely spot and i'm sure with suitable tide times it will be a corker!

thanks again ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts