The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend bring his shiney new Diawa Morethan Demon Blood rod fishing this morning.
VERY different to my ESG2, and although it is 9'4" it felt so much shorter (because it is so light).
Imagine picking up a good #5 fy rod, clipping on a 20g lure and being able to send it flying (very good distance for the effort). Definately not a rod for everyone, but for light tackle fans it is quite a serious piece of kit.

Yes damn it I am tempted, Oh and his HyperDigi Certate is quite good too.
He should be joining the board shortly, I sure he will have some "grip and grin" pics soon.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Aaaah, nice!! Always liked the look of the Demon Blood.

Good to have another tart on board! :p

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ben,
I looked really hard at the Demon Blood, now having cast one-I feel an order coming on. Nice very very nice!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Most of the chaps I fish with still use 12 foot carp rods with a bubble and delta (heathens!) so they think I am the tackle tart and I have naff all compared to some on here!

Demon Blood? Love the name.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Most of the chaps I fish with still use 12 foot carp rods with a bubble and delta (heathens!) so they think I am the tackle tart and I have naff all compared to some on here!

Demon Blood? Love the name.
To be fair, you have got quite a high quantity of fancy stuff in your garage mate! lol ;-)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave,
Very nice looking bit of kit, how do you find the Egi action? Any way you can describe the action?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Hmmm, the Morethan sounds very nice. I might have to meet up with you Dave and your mate and check it out.
Where did he get it from? In the 2010 JDM catalogue there is a very nice Morethan 7ft 6in baitcaster that has taken my fancy........

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike,
Diawa Germany are carrying some of the Morethans and a few of the Branzinos. I think they are doing the Baitcaster models,
Seriously nice bit of kit, feels like a finesse rod, but bangs a lure out at least as well as my ESG2 (I am sure a bit of practise casting would improve the distance as well).
And so light it feels like a 8' rods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts