The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to my local mark at around low tide Dont remember ever seeing the tide so low Only one spot to fish really so i walked along a ridge of rock that extended into the sea by 40ft 10yds in front of me i could make out a submerged rock 15yds beyond that a small wave was breaking onto a sandbar with the deeper water in front of it running parallel to the beach
As i prepared to cast i noticed a dorsal fin just break surface Then another and another Out went a feed shallow which got whacked pretty much straight away The fish came off but was only small anyway Half a dozen casts later with lots of gentle taps to the lure on each cast it was time for a change On went a Tide Minnow Tap tap Fish on around 2 1/2lb All the while dorsal fins were visible in front of me
The tide started to push so the only option now was to fish from the beach and retrieve the lure alongside the rock that i was standing on Tap tap on every retrieve Next up was a lovely fish of around 4lb which really fought hard With no pools to put the fish in i had to return her with no pic taken I did get a pic of a smaller fish about an hour later With 5 Bass caught ranging from 1-4lb it turned out to be a cracking day

Attachments

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice going mate. All moved in to my new place now and looking forward to getting out next weekend.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nice one Marq............................

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Toby Think back to what i said to you 1st thing this morning and you have the answer

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great effort again Marq, well done :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well done Marq. Gutted i couldnt make it as i blanked on Saturday (apart from a naff Pollock). I'll see if i'm able to get outy on the weekend if your about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts