The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Dorset coast this morning, no weed thankfully but the water was very cloudy with about 18 inches visibility, so answering my own recent question I made a consious effort to mess around with the retrieve, slowing down, long pauses etc etc

After 20 minutes or so a big hit whilst the lure was still....

Didnt weigh or measure it but I reckon around 6lbs

Then picked up a couple of schoolies on a tide minnow

Then finally lost another good fish, one of those fish you knew was going to come off, just wouldnt fight properly and rolled around and spashed about on the surface, I could see it just nicked in the gill cover and sure enough, ping just as I was going to grab it.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Mike. Satisfying getting one like that in the conditions you'd previously dread.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Stunning fish Mike. Looks in really good condition.
[

·
Registered
101 Posts
An excellent fish. I was out early on another part of the coast probably not too far from you if you were in the Purbeck region. No bass just pollack on a plug. I was hoping for mackerel with bass underneath but still no sign of whitebait on the beach I fished. No one else fishing either though it looks like there was a comp on Saturday night judging by the tackle remains.

We had a cracking hour a few days ago on Chesil at feathering corner (Abbotsbury) Amazed it was not even crowded as the conditons were perfect and fish every cast for the first time this year. Mrs N wanted some for a BBQ and she soon had enough for our needs plus friends. She is actually very good with her mackerel technique and had the people nearby wondering (again) how she did it as they were strugggling a bit.

The weed in this part of Dorset has more or less gone (washed up in huge drifts to the high tide mark) so it looks like the maggot fly will be out in the next few days if I can get permission...

Like the rod...

Nick.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Lovely fish at the top there Mike :clap:. A nice session, with a quality fish thrown in, as well as a frustrating loss !!! That's what keeps us going back for more :!:

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Great report and pics Mike well done. Have you taken many on the Chart feed shallow plus ? as i have tried it plenty of times but as yet i have not caught on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts