The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know:

1. Which front drag reels in 2500, 3000 and 4000 size come with double handles?

2. If there are any custom double handles (other than I'ze RCS for Daiwa up to 3000) that don't require a second mortgage?

Any pointers gratefully received.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
My Stradic 2500FC came with a double handle. assuming you mean one of those small handles with two knobs as opposed to the "power handle" with one knob you get on some reels.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can work out how to machine one ****, but I'd rather go with a retail product, if you know what I mean! Felindre is a good idea, I'll give them a bell.

PS I would love one on my Rarenium 3000. I have one on a TP4000 which is great.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I can work out how to machine one ****, but I'd rather go with a retail product, if you know what I mean! Felindre is a good idea, I'll give them a bell.

PS I would love one on my Rarenium 3000. I have one on a TP4000 which is great.
I will bring one in the shop for you Paul, I have one for a 4000 here and I know the 2500 size double handles are smaller than the 4000 ones. Some carp reels still come with them.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Doesn't Shimano make double handles for their small baitrunners? dunno if they will fit the Rarenium though as their screw fitting.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
A lot of the shimano match reels used to have double handles. The ones intended for feeder fishing had them to stop the handle dropping back when fishing without the anti-reverse on. Should be easy enough to get hold of from Felindre.

For Daiwas, some of the egi reels in Japan use double handles. They might be available cheaper than the i'ze kit.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Mike. It was Shimano freshwater reels that got me started with double handles I think. I have seen those Egi reels with double handles, I just wish that they'd produce them as optional extras on a wider scale.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
The Daiwa Tournament Airity reels come in a double (soft) handle version. The TD-R does as well. And the Team Daiwa Match. The first two especially are more than suitable lure reels.

Reactions: Retired

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Daiwa Tournament Airity reels come in a double (soft) handle version. The TD-R does as well. And the Team Daiwa Match. The first two especially are more than suitable lure reels.
Where have you seen the Airity with double handle Ben? I can't find it.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Already tried a bunch Mike.
None fit.

I'd prefer doubles on all my reels too.
Better to have the option.
Might have a look at a Daiwa X Match Keith. Waterproof drag (at least) same as the mighty Certate.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts