The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys as anglers we tend to have dreams as far as fishing goes, so what species of fish would you most like to catch??
Can be anywhere in the world, freash or salt, so what do you fancy hooking up??

For me Skipjack Tuna, they are pound for pound the strongest fish I have ever hooked, might not get very big-Double figure fish are MONSTERS. But they can be the fussiest, most differecult fish to get a hook up with one day, and the next day they will almost jump into the boat.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I really like the idea of catching some Rooster fish. No big, longing reason, but I just think they look good and I like the idea of chasing them down the beach.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Golden Mahseer I think. Not only for the fish itself, which is incredibly beautiful, but for the places you generally have to go to find them. Proper fishing adventure stuff.

For the fish alone, I would say GT or Permit.

For a fish that not a crazy dream like the others above, probably would be to catch a John Dory on a lure. I have seen a couple now when snorkelling, and they have been within casting distance, so one day....

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Bonefish on the fly is up there on my list.

Honeymoon next summer, hopefully fulfil a few angling wishes.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
No exotic species for me but a pretty fish, the cuckoo wrasse taken on LRF.
Hi Pete, funny you should say that. I've never had a cuckoo wrasse before or since but this summer I fished not too far away from you and had 4 of them from one mark in about a dozen casts, on UL gear. There must have been a nest of them there! PM if me if you want the details of exactly where it was.

Have a look at my mates blog here:-

http://lurefishingwithdanny.blogspot.com/2010/07/mind-blowing-fishing.html

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
......For a fish that not a crazy dream like the others above, probably would be to catch a John Dory on a lure. I have seen a couple now when snorkelling, and they have been within casting distance, so one day....
Hey Mark, I've never seen a John Dory til my mate had one on the same trip mentioned above (there's a pic in the link). Really unusual but beautiful fish

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ive fished for several more exotic species in the past, I also have several friends who keep trying to persuade me to go to the USA for striped bass or W Australia for GTs etc. I love the idea of the GTs on (home made) poppers, yet ultimately I am happy trying to catch big bass in the UK and Ireland. My dream (ambition)? To catch a 15 pound bass on a lure - obviously I am not sufficintly deluded to consider this a realistic fantasy for England, though in Ireland.....

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The only species i really want to catch that i havent yet is 10lb+ bass on a lure i have done it twice on flies in 12 years. Now i want to do it on lures.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Double figure Bass for me Hooked and lost 4 fish i reckon wouldve been close But never landed them Amateur errors

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well while we are dreaming I will have a 12lb Spainsh mackerel-The fastest fish in the sea, and one of the tastest too

1 - 20 of 41 Posts