The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we don't need anything fancy here, but has anybody spotted any decent, small dropnets?

The only ones I've really seen are way too big for what we'd call useful for this sort of fishing.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, see what you're saying.

Any recommendations? Don't particularly want one that's going to hold water and stink the car/house out, nor one that falls apart after a couple of meaty sessions lifting tiny pollack up the wall.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I don't have a recommendation Ben. We just use Tom's and I carry a 3 mtr carbon net pole and pan net which is 3 mtr's too short.

Loads of gear to research and not enough money to accumulate it all in one season.

It's a whole other branch of fishing really..

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tis alright. They're only £20 max anyway. I'll just pick one up somewhere.

Got a couple of lovely landing net poles and nets, but probably not much use for them generally I'd imagine. Maybe more off of the rocks.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Yea, from rocks they work really well Ben. Even along harbour structure that isn't a steep straight down long drop.

Most LRF rods will lift 3 or 4oz fish, the Japs do it all the time but over that, i'd say no.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, they're nutters. I've seen them lifting them well over a pound I think. That's where the longer rods come in handy - just a touch more cushioning and power.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I have a 4ft square jobby that I made after losing a decent bass in a ridiculously small shop bought thingy made of keep net netting. Why did I buy it I ask myself? Now I would happily walk a 5lb bass 20yds to some steps. If it slips the hook its not the end of the world, unless your one of those net jockeys that gets a kick out of scooping up green fish.

The Popnets seem to be the ticket although not everyone likes them and they seem to be hard to come by.

I'll get my coat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts