The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a mark that i have had bites on recently though just to tackle hungry dropping into a deep channel. So returned this morning and fishing it again on the wekeend.
So arrived with geoff before he travels back up country on business ect, and tried out a ITO Crank on his advice and a slightly lighter TR$ though not sure which 6-26? i think though i might be wrong.
Well tried the normal method and 3 casts 3 losses of tackle, though i could feel what was happening and where it was just too snaggy even with a lift and drop that usualy helps.
so tied up a drop shot rig though instea of using a 3 way swivel like normal i used a palomar knot to hold the sp where i wanted it. Then the rest of the leader to a small 60lb swivel and a weaklink in the bottom to the 1/2 oz weight.
Now this time i could feel more on the bottom and get a better distance on the cast. I only snagged twice and he weight pulled through ok no losses a miracle has befallen me.
2 fish landed in the 40cm range not bad for wrasse though i only find i haveny picked up my camera or charged my phone last night. Swapped to light tr rod and again same feel but improved more like the injection i want desperately now.
Hooked another fish though just coulnt stop it and dragged through all the snaggs and rocks until it stopped in a whole somewhere and refused to budge again school boy error i shoul have played this one harder and had faith in the rod after discovering just how much they will take yesterday morning. Fish lost in the end bugger.
Lessons again learned this morning

Take camera!
Charge phone!
Do not be afraid to apply pressure 16lb braid takes a hell of a lot
Use drop shot rigs with the palomar knot in future provides much better feeback and also use weak link only losing a 20 pence weight not the weedless hook, sp and an weight all in one.
Do not be afraid of snaggy ground.

Whilst messing around i also played with carolina rigs with new cone weights i had delivered i had again improved distance and better feel especially when rigged weedless i only lost 1 oppossed to standard jog heads.

so conclusion for this morning, clean ground jig heads, and rogh ground close work weedless, and distance rough ground either carolina rigged weedless or drop shot with a weak link saved losses a lot more than in previous sessions.
The learning curve has continued again, i never knew there was so much to learn in this field.

tight lines all:wink:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should be a good day mate there are 2 different marks that are producing though 1 is a bugger to get out of decide on the mark when we meet up on sunday, i hope to be able to provide further findings in due course. I dare say others have more info than i. But i find it interesting learning new methods as i go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts