The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welll lads, out agein today in search of some wrasse & pollock and try to sharpen up my techinique. the weather was perfect light wind and gin clear, started to fish one hour after high water but was not able to get out to fish directley over the shelf this resulted in the lose of my best fish of the day.but as the water dropped away the fishing picked up and i had a small Wrasse and missed a few more. The Wrasse bite's dryed up so i put on a heaver bullet wight and started to fish over the kelp bed i had 2 small pollock, i went back on the Wrasse for the last half hour and had a Wrasse i a hole i could not get to at high water.

The Lures were
Traper Killer Shad Twister 40 & 60mm
Charlie Brrewer Slider 2in green & silver.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great stuff Sam looks like you had a brilliant day, well done :-D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi sam nice to see you got some fish caught on those small jellies I was in southside during the week bought the very same ones and same colours, Wise minds think alike eh :-D

What rod were you using for them?

Ger Doran.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Well done Sam some lovely Wrasse there. Waiting on some Bream lures from Australia, hope to try for a Gilt head Bream next weekend should be interesting:wink:
regards
Bob

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sam, Jim Hendrick in Wexford has managed to get a few both on the lures and fly this year so I reckon its worth a go.He is putting an article together for Irish Angler, so it should be worth a read.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hi Ger, yes a ligter rod's are the way to go for the smaller fish but remember at this time of the year there are some big wrasse around,a big fish can do a lot of damage to a light out fit if you dont have the experince of playing such fish on the light stuf. The resion why we are fishing small sp's is that there were never maney big wareese in the area we are fishing, so it would be worth while to do your home work befour you start. Check out what the Jersey Boy's have to say about the LRF there is some great imfo on there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts