The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps im looking for a shallowish{1 meter max} diver with a bit of hold in the surf and a bit of punch in the cast.In the colours of maybe green sandeel or something.150 surf , k_ten maybe..or any other ideas guys will be gladly spent on.I like the look and weight of the 150 but lookin at maybe a bit more minnow,cheers daz.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
The 150 Surf is a very chunky beast. Very different to the Slim or the SLDF. I would say that the K-Ten is a shallower lure though. 2 Very different lures in my opinion. The K-Ten wiggles it's ass - i'd put it more in the league of the Feed Shallow or the Terrif.

Having said that, the DTM's like most lures, can be made to run shallower by controlling the speed & the height of the tip.

I certainly wouldnt disregard the Zonk either ;).

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
145SLD-F is hard to beat casting wise, really flies.
For a bigger lure the 175 slim is worth a look, casts pretty well too.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
What about the Sasuke in the bigger sizes? Or, thinking slightly laterally, what about something metal like an Ima Honey Trap?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was using the 135 and the 150 the other day but I prefer the 135 in the orange gold colour must get another one as i I lost it the other day.

·
Registered
687 Posts
hi daz,i have the k-ten and the 135 surf.caught a few on the k-ten (ayu).casts superb and runs very shallow.ive yet to catch on the duo sld 135 surf.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts