The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Never used the Terif, but for me the Feed Shallow+ in Green Sandeel takes some beating....

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Both different.

Terrif is a shallow runner but....we prefer the dart action coming with current in shallow gullies. It swings in shallow fast current with a sliding action too.

Feed Shallow is better at running slower and mid speed over hard reef and coloured water wrack weed. More a side to side head action.

Both compliment each other.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
The Terrif is quieter than the Feed Shallow. Both are great lures, its nice to have the size of the Terrif DC-12 in your box, its inbetween the two sizes of Feed Shallows

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The Feed Shallow in Mullet was pretty much my 'go to' lure last year in the estuaries. Not used the Terrif myself but I think Daz Starfisher landed his 4.5lber at the Bumble on one if I remember rightly.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Both are great lures i use both but the Feed Shollow seems to catch more. I like the orange and gold.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I've never caught on the feed but have on the Terrif. Maybe we have different reef structures? Don;t seem to have the shallow rocky reef I see in so many of peoples photos.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the info guys. Maybe i should top up my feed shallows... Right awaiting next pay pack :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
I believe the guy that is holding the rod has a massive part to do with it! Regardless of the lure, if you have confidence and belief in what you are doing, and the action YOU are putting into your set up you will be victorious. For me it's how you handle that rod, so come on chaps we all know how to do that!....lol :) I favour the feed shallow as it looks pretty

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Just talking about it made me order the Feed Shallow+ in Green Sandeel as my other one is now "retired" after working overtime last season...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Tim, Have you still got my feedshallow I left on the roof of my car at the bumble? Also pm me if your about for a midweek session at all, havent got another weekend free for ages 8(

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I would like to correct my earlier post, I grabbed a Feed Shallow and a Terrif DC-12 today and gave them a shake to show Keith the Terrif is quieter than the Feed Shallow....I was wrong, in fact the Terrif is noisier, a high pitch rattle, and the Feed Shallow only really had the loud weight transfer "clack" as you cast it, but it goes fairly silent apart from that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts