The Lure Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just orderd one of these as the description suggests it is a very shallow diver and i have just the mark for it anyone used one and fancy giving me thier impressions.Cheers guys.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
lure

hi keith,bought 2 ready for the new season,sardine and smelt.like yourself ive just the place to try it...cant wait bud.BOB J is the man to chat to about this lure,which ones have you got keith

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the dc 12 in ayu looks fairly like a sandeel which is ideal for the mark .fancied a few others but orderd a duo sld aswell so thought i'd better resist.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I've had one for last season, mullet sort of colour.

Had several schoolies on it but fishing at night in shoolie sort of areas.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ive not done well on the Terrif (looks great in the awter though lol)

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Just orderd one of these as the description suggests it is a very shallow diver and i have just the mark for it anyone used one and fancy giving me thier impressions.Cheers guys.
Hello Keith..
The Terrif Dc12. a favorite shallow lure of mine , taken plenty bass on this lure, personally i like a slow retrieve with several gentle pulls
to put some extra life into its movement, also add some short pauses to allow the lure to rise back up to the surface , works for me

·
Registered
357 Posts
Had some very good Bass on DC9s and DC12s, especially springtime, all I do is take some of the shine off with some wire wool.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had some very good Bass on DC9s and DC12s, especially springtime, all I do is take some of the shine off with some wire wool.
Thanks for your input everyone,i have never heard of people duling down lures before the squid mentioned it is that a thing alot of you do,if so is the reason not to startle shy fish ? Thanks again for the input .

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks for your input everyone,i have never heard of people duling down lures before the squid mentioned it is that a thing alot of you do,if so is the reason not to startle shy fish ? Thanks again for the input .
I have no scientific evidence for my statement. I just find that matt coulered plugs or ones that i have dulled myself seem to work in springtime for me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The terrif DC12 was one of my goto lures last year, it took quite a few fish to 7lb over the season for me. I found it responded really well to tapping, jerking and slow retrieves. Not sure about the rest of the guys but the finish on mine didnt last well, it went dull very quickly and started to fall off from the 1st fish, its not stopped it catching mind you. I`ll be adding another one or two to the box for this year for sure.

Marty

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers marty not recieved it yet so cant comment on the finnish dont own any duo lures so not sure what to expect finish wise .God i can't wait for spring got cabin fever big time now . Keith.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts