The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I planned to go float fishing for wrasse today but when i got to the place to find my hard backs the tide was in :( i read the wrong day of the chart doh, so headed home as i was giveing the bass fishing a rest as I was getting a little frustrated with it....about 14.30 i decide i would go to a local mark to see if any bass were around as the weather was perfect sunny, warm, gentle westerly breeze got to the mark and the beach there was packed with families enjoying the sun...i walked up around the headland to the mark and it looked amazing waves crashing and a lot of birds crashing into the water not far from casting range...I clipped on a gulp sandeel with a 28g jig head and cast about 3 cast bang fish on it fought brilliantly diving around rocks, going left, right then left agin then it came towards me and i reeled like crazy at this stage i was hopping across slippery rocks and just mananged to land the fish which was a plump 3lbs 9oz on th scale quick photo and back into the drink.......weather turned then almost in 5 mins from summer to winter , horizontal rain and wind really picked up so i headed for home....very happy though not a bad session for an hour :)
AAHH.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice one Kevin...really dont know what it is with bass that size off the rocks they go like hell at times making you think you have a much bigger fish until they pop up onto the surface...not complaining though there great fun :-D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nice report Kevin...must be great to have all that fishing on your doorstep. Am green with envy.......:mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks lads ya it was a nice little session alright :) ya some good bass grounds all within 20-30 drive :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts