The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have been on this forum for awhile now and was getting jealous with all the excellent reports of bass being caught , i have blanked a few times this year maybe 15 times havent been out much either so a bad mix :( , i headed out tonight with a friend whos a bass fanatic and best bass is 17lbs 4oz :shock::shock: he's a total gentleman and a great angler to boot. Anyway onto the report we headed out to a mark at 5 with high tide at 7 but mike was saying that it fishes best at lower water, there was a big swell so this didnt bode well :( mike was first into a bass of about 6lbs no camera as i had to race across the rocks to help out :) a nice fish and back he went (im sure i got him the fish as i just offered a Yo Zuri crystal minnow to the bass gods :sad:). The weed was starting to come in with the tide but we kept fishing mike had another two fish both pollack, i was getting a bit frustrated at this point and was just about to ask should we head off and mike was into another pollack.....so i rigged up a Berkley Gulp sandeel on a 25g jig head and cast out....i was sinking and drawing it back when out of nowhere a bass smashed into it and went ballistic took a bit of line but i got him under control, nicely mike lifted him out for me as i couldnt fight him and land him at same time......i was buzzing :-D:-D:-D didnt weigh or measure the fish probably 3lbs or so but i was ecstatic...things slowed down after that but i didnt care as i was chuffed still buzzing now :).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done Kev. It doesn't matter what size they are they still give you such a great buzz when you get one......

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know trev legs were like jelly :) and to make it worse the knot to my quick link opened when i had the bass in a rock pool :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good stuff
The duck is broken - hopefully now you'll be nailing them regularly

Nick

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alex you'll have some amazing sport theres plenty of bass around.......also theres some great tackle shops around you...so you should pop in for a bit of retail therapy :)

Thanks for all the kind words lads :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks pat i presume this is the pat i was talking to?, i was out with mike amazing spot although the swell was fairly big so i think that affected the fishing :) great fight and on a cheap soft plastic.........we'll have to meet up for a session at some stage? :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the replies, i was starting to think i would never catch another one it was almost a year since i had my PB :) but still buzzing and cant wait to get out again, if only the irish summer wasnt so much like winter :(

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks pat i presume this is the pat i was talking to?, i was out with mike amazing spot although the swell was fairly big so i think that affected the fishing :) great fight and on a cheap soft plastic.........we'll have to meet up for a session at some stage? :)
I've been talking to Mike since, I haven't fished that particular spot; its a favourite of Mike's. Next time the two of you are heading out give me a bell.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds good pat also if your heading out and looking for some company/novice :( give me a bell i changed my number il PM you :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts