·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I nearly bought some of those at Nantes from the Ecogear stand. I had already bought something similar which I thought was a better shape. Not tried it yet but will let you know when I do. Just waiting for the water to clear a bit and then I will give it a go......

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is it then Mike? Found a shop that sells these so reckon I might try em.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
They look great for use with the retrieve model.

Working here on very small 'assist hooks' for metals fished OTD style.

I think hook position will need to be optimised per species.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I like about the idea especially is that it'll be blimmin hard for the 'nippers' to avoid those hooks! Even more so than standard stingers. It'll be easy enough to fix them to a wide number of baits actually. Got a few ideas of my own for bottom bounced baits especially.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Ben, the one I bought was the one on the bottom right of the picture. It looks similar to what you have shown above but fishes 'horizontal' rather than 'vertical'. Not even taken it out of the packet yet and I can't remember who makes them!!!! Will show some better pics when I sort out another box to put them in.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember seeing that one now Mike when you showed me. Looks nice. Pretty much a tiny Madai jig isn't it?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Ben, the lure is by Bassday and it is a type of Madai jig but all the other writing in is Japanese!!!! Not very helpful!!!! I am hoping it will work for flounder. I will let people knowif it is successful.

·
Banned
792 Posts
... I had already bought something similar which I thought was a better shape. ...
Mike, can you give us a detailed pic of it and a name?

Ben, where and how much?

Thx
Thomas

PS (sorry, eXxy) someone tried these ...
http://cgi.ebay.de/2005-Japanese-Crafted-Spider-Crank-to-Fish-or-Collect-/400189364612

oh, wrong link, these ...
http://cgi.ebay.de/Rebel-Ultra-Lite-Size-Crawfish-Crankbait-Bass-Panfish-/400154516004

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Are those prawns or clangers Bob?

Seriously, they look good.

Madaiis eh, they'll never catch on LOL.

·
Banned
792 Posts
boah, but the price also looks "good"...

I would mind loosing one.

But, rigging a small sp on the hook and let it bump on the ground for some flatties...
hmhm hmhm...

Thomas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts