The Lure Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone got any news , views ,thoughts or gossip on the lingering FIF proposal to open the bass stock to the commercials ???

The decision is still yet to be made and i guess some of you are tired of the whole saga but it is an enormous issue which doesn't look good for the country in any way.

A local fishery board officer is claiming its already a done deal and it is just going through the motions with the commmercial sector getting its short term bonanza at the outcome.

So is Minister for Fisheries Sean Connick gonna bend over and take it off the commercials to further his career ? while we all do the usual.

Will we be able to cast from the shore next season without hitting a gill net ?

I urge you all to get out there soon using whatever tactic you prefer to try and improve your personal best bass and get a nice photo/memory!

Bass are so easy to catch commercially , techniques are more efficient than they were 20years ago , once there is a legal market it will all be over swiftly.

Might be a good time to finally organise that holiday in Norway with the money we will have saved from not buying bass fishing gear .

Oh yeah catch report , went out and fished around high tide (11-25pm) last night , the swell made it a bit dangerous so i headed home after only a few casts .
In hindsight i'd say it was pretty good practise in accepting the Blank something it looks like we may all have to get used to while Irish bass fishing:evil:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK judging by replies everyone has written to the minister and done their bit earlier in the year when the issue was first raised and i apologise for picking through the coals so to speak . But just incase there are any new members who didn't notice what has been going on please check out the site at http://www.irishbass.org/ and I'll climb back down off my orange box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.