The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go.

Selected up close and dirty shots of the latest batch of Japanese Egi's from MegaBass and Yamashita.

Various sizes from 2.5 thru 4.0 darting, medium sink, standard sink, fast sink. Natural and glow colourations.

Enjoy...

I'll post details re: colours and stuff when I've translated it all.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Fantastic Jigs Keith, If you can find it, the Diawa Eging dvd look worth a watch. Several of the newer techniques, glow bead rigging etc.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic Jigs Keith, If you can find it, the Diawa Eging dvd look worth a watch. Several of the newer techniques, glow bead rigging etc.
Dave:

We have Eging Evolution 1, 2, 3 and 4 plus various other Eging movies. Got to watch to learn until my Japanese catches up m8.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Btw:

Just remembered.

In one of the video's, can't remember which one, the guy puts an Egi against a scad. Almost a match the hatch. I was always thinking as a Prawn imitation they are vaguely right but, as a scad, they are real close and they match the Egi size to the scad size as a general rule. Worth considering what are our Ika's eating ?

I would have thought Pout, Scad, Small Pollack, Grasdo etc

When gutting squid, I've never found anything big though. Mostly empty ?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Btw:

When gutting squid, I've never found anything big though. Mostly empty ?
I've always found they tend just to bite the back of the neck on sandeels/pout etc, therefore my reasoning was they were just trying to kill the competition?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've always found they tend just to bite the back of the neck on sandeels/pout etc, therefore my reasoning was they were just trying to kill the competition?
We've had big Ika's do that to Bass too.
Oct though, Cuttle's seem very aggressive towards Bass.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Very smart.

Is that coloured Nora Batty stocking material available to tart up old squid lures?

I wonder if they've heard of Nora Batty in Osaka?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi Gary,

Squid are very aggressive, and IMHO could be one of the last sea water species wiped out by commercial fisherman.

Live baiting Pouting in the Bass festival can be a nightmare as they all tend to come back with the back of their head bitten out.

Sqiid will also eat Squid.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hi Gary,

Live baiting Pouting in the Bass festival can be a nightmare as they all tend to come back with the back of their head bitten out.
Chris, at least you know you can catch heaps of little live baits now though with the LRF gear??

·
Registered
129 Posts
We've had big Ika's do that to Bass too.
Oct though, Cuttle's seem very aggressive towards Bass.

Yesterday night me and Miguel Carrilho caught some nice cuttlefish (biggest 1 kg +).

We were sightfishing for them with a EGI "plug".

Sometimes while using softbaits we fell the cuttlefish attack, and the softbaits comes back bitted, they are really agressive!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Yesterday night me and Miguel Carrilho caught some nice cuttlefish (biggest 1 kg +).

We were sightfishing for them with a EGI "plug".

Sometimes while using softbaits we fell the cuttlefish attack, and the softbaits comes back bitted, they are really agressive!
Any pictures Pedro? Do you just reel the line slowly or do you use jerks and rises?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Next time...

Get some pictures Pedro.

Can't wait until ours really kicks off in numbers. Going to be loads to report I think.

·
Sausage!
4,197 Posts
great colours and nice lures matey ive found them colours to be best for the squid,but often more the littler cuttlefish love them too,the speed of these things is great tio watch and watch them retrive back to the kelp squirting the ink ha,ile forward you the pics of some monster 6lb squid a caught in oz of a little jeti

1 - 16 of 16 Posts