The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone caught squid in Ireland?

I grew up in Australia and used to catch loads, but I have been unable to confirm if they are even present in Irish waters, let alone if they can be caught

Can anyone help?

Nick

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
sure are pulled up one or two last year on some soft baits cant remember what i was using, wasn"t very happy gave us an old squirt ond back he went

Reactions: anselmo

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Barry

Wexford is where I will most likely be chasing them - what time of year did you catch them?
(I won't ask for your secret spots!)

Nick

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Thanks Barry

Wexford is where I will most likely be chasing them - what time of year did you catch them?
(I won't ask for your secret spots!)

Nick
It was late Summer/ Early Autum when we encountered them. Kilmore was the location.

Aggressive buggers !

Best of luck.
Danny.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was late Summer/ Early Autum when we encountered them. Kilmore was the location.

Aggressive buggers !

Best of luck.
Danny.

Thanks Danny

Everything else I've seen referred to them beig caught only in winter so your post is defnitley good news

Nick

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm down in Clare this weekend and In Wexford next weekend so I'll try both times and see what I can find (if I can distract myself from the pursuit of bass)

Nick

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I'm down in Clare this weekend and In Wexford next weekend so I'll try both times and see what I can find (if I can distract myself from the pursuit of bass)

Nick
That will be a tough thing to avoid doing when your in Wexford....Its about time the bass started to play ball...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That will be a tough thing to avoid doing when your in Wexford....Its about time the bass started to play ball...
I know
it will be the last weekend before the closed season starts as well so ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts