The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I used to think (before this forum) that glowing lures, flashing lures etc would be good for low light/night fishing. Then I thought "actually, not many baitfish flash bright green/glow like a beacon!". This was backed up by Keith and Kev relaying their experiences of nightfishing over the last decade or so, and with their results I realised that this kind of thing really isn't required. Having put this night lure fishing into practice using non electrical plugs :-o, I can vouch for its effectiveness! So I personally would not bother with lures like that, and concentrate on using your normal lures in a slightly different way, fishing slower etc. See the Jersey Bass Guides blog for all the information you need!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Thanks for that Mark.

There is however, 1 use of electronics that my m8, Chris is working on. The use of sound or, pulsing at varying frequencies to draw Bass from heads and places of ambush.

I can't say much more about it because it's very much in flux as I write this. Believe me though, if anyone can make it work....

He can.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Yes, I was referring mainly to the light element of aforesaid lure.

Trying to nail down the electronic pulses to match the signals given off by any baitfish would just be hugely hugely difficult I think. One of the reasons I think xlayers are such a brilliant lure is the arrangement of the ribs down the body and the resulting miniscule vibrations it gives out in the water.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Someone pointed me at this: http://dxn.me/pz (sfw)
They seem to have a small electronic circuit inside with flashing LED light(s).

Never heard of them before.
What do you reckon, gimmick or genuinely useful?
They work well for pollack in the dark or in really deep rock marks. seems to add just that bit more of an attractant in dirty water too. Need to look after them though and rinse them off after each session and clean the water contact/switch pad before each sesssion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts