The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forumites who follow this section will have noted the enthusiasm i have for the use of a 'Water Wolf' underwater camera, and may have seen the video I have posted. So it as with some frustration that i found following my last trip out that the material would not download to the card. So I never did find out what the large school of fish I could see on the finder (and who were ignoring my lures) was! I tried all the usual manoeuvres to no avail.
So I contacted Joe at 'Monster Tackle', explained the predicament and through his good offices secured an arrangement that on return of the original (to check it wasn't all my fault after all.....which I suspected!) to the UK supplier, a new camera would be sent.
Well, I am delighted to say the new beast arrived this am and hopefully will be going 'for a swim' this weekend. And, as before, if I manage to secure footage of matters educational or exciting, I will share it here.
Thanks again to Joe for his help

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
So I never did find out what the large school of fish I could see on the finder (and who were ignoring my lures) was!
I bet you it's Bladderwrack... Finders seem to 'report' air pockets, or areas that are less-dense, as fish... Big beds of Wrack=big schools of 'fish' on the finders. I've noticed this in Japweed as well, especially with a rising tide. Presumably there is air trapped in the weed...

Nice to hear of good service from the boys at MT. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the kind words George. Fingers crossed your next outing yields you some exciting footage.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bet you it's Bladderwrack... Finders seem to 'report' air pockets, or areas that are less-dense, as fish... Big beds of Wrack=big schools of 'fish' on the finders. I've noticed this in Japweed as well, especially with a rising tide. Presumably there is air trapped in the weed...

Nice to hear of good service from the boys at MT. :)
Nope it wasn't......I know what you mean about bladder wrack, something we often see on our fish finder in shallow water. The truth was revealed in the first outing of the new camera in the same spot and with the same findings on the finder.....the answer.....pollack +++++ . Some pretty large

1 - 5 of 5 Posts