The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's a secret weapon I couldn't keep to myself. This is a wooden lure with a lovely finish - looks just like a pouting to me and we all know how much bass love a pout dinner! This is headed somewhere with a red and white lighthouse.....

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Getting a bit messy around here tonight... has some one posted a nude picture of the veterinary nurse who was at Wiseman's Bridge last weekend or something???:-D:-D

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Getting a bit messy around here tonight... has some one posted a nude picture of the veterinary nurse who was at Wiseman's Bridge last weekend or something???:-D:-D
You're just teasing because I wasn't there Trevor... Please stop, I feel bad enough as it is!!!!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Ahem...............I can sell you a naughty video of her..... :spoo::spoo:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At 46g its a sinker and with that vane I reckon down at least 10'? More if left to sink longer?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I was thinking the same. Both at the same time given the weather we've been having. It's a Fake Fish, from Mr Fish. Will be interesting to see how far it casts.

No rattle either. I am preferring silent hard lures but I am adding rattles to softies. How does that work?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes Alex, with **** and Steve and Callum. Looking forward to it loads.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was thinking the same. Both at the same time given the weather we've been having. It's a Fake Fish, from Mr Fish. Will be interesting to see how far it casts.

No rattle either. I am preferring silent hard lures but I am adding rattles to softies. How does that work?

I'd probably use hard lures more if they didn't have rattles. A rattle in a softie is subtle compared to that of a hard lure. Still wouldn't leave home without the mighty Zonk though!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You're right about softie rattles.

They can be very soft if buried deep in the lure. My favourite is the Xlayer rattle which is located near the surface of the lure but seems to be made of plastic and has its own particular sound. I have been saving them from Xlayers that have given their best and using them in One Up Shads and other SPs. They definitely help some days. The after market rattles are v.good too.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Picked one up from Reels and Deals a little while back. Caught a few fish on it but be careful with the vane - it don't last long in contact with rocks - first hit it shattered.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts