The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I went to the tackle show in Nantes, I bought a Lure Forum hoodie. Never had a hoodie before but just thought from a fishing point of view they make a lot of sense and a bit more awareness of the Lure Forum.
Now this weekend, my daughter (who lives with her mum) saw it for the first time. She just burst out laughing and said 'what next, you going to get a Facebook hoodie?!?!?!'.
Kids, they just don't understand.......

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Fishing is in our blood.

:-DMike for many years (decades) most of my clothing has been fishing clothing,in the early days it was all from the ex-army store and these days its all Orvis and Simms etc.
And its not all just for fishing in etc.:shock:
My wife just dosn't get it at all and she just cant understand the lifestyle thing at all,if I wear jeans there not Levis etc they are Orvis with leather trimmings etc:-D.
Tee shirts can be from Simms and Orvis etc and are of a much better quality than the sort of stuff that you get elsewhere etc and are designed be anglers so they are practical as well as hard wearing.
I got one of the Lure Forum tee shirts a few months ago and its great (she even likes it):shock: now I think I'm going to look at the hoodies,in black of course.
I have even seen some Simms boxer shorts (seriously) for wearing under chest waders:-?,its all in the 'wicking' you see:geek:.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
LOL. Must admit, I think I sit somewhere in the middle on this one. Some bits are wearable, but I tend not to wear anything blatant. I'm wearing a simple Garbolino polo shirt as I type in fact and have been out in it today, but only because it's so subtle and I like the colour. Growning up and living in a hardcore 'surf' area has had it's influences. I do joke about wearing waders to the pub, but only because my friends already think I'm a freak who wears them around the house anyway - but that actually says a lot about the area really. Basically I'd be laughed at if I wore a Lure Forum hoodie down the pub. Laughed out of town even. On the flip side, it almost seems cool around here to wear something that is affiliated to a local business - normally surf related. Crossing fingers and toes that that will also be the case with our shop clothing etc as well as I've already started on a few designs.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Letting the secrets out Ben?
Ben said:
my friends already think I'm a freak who wears them around the house anyway
No mention of a gimp mask? then you're definitely not a freak.....

Not normal but not a freak....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Have to agree with you though...My missus takes the pee all the time when I go fishing, I guess because I'm not colour coordinated and camouflage greens and browns are "not my colours". Still that's what we Anglers have to put up with. When she starts I just nod and say " Yes Dear. Yes Dear, Yes Dear." Usually by the third Yes Dear she loses interest or I get a thump... :muttley::muttley:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
*gulp* just paid £37 quid for a limited Seven Seas t-shirt (Jap tropical tackle...) tis wicked tho'
Geek!! :muttley:

Letting the secrets out Ben?

No mention of a gimp mask? then you're definitely not a freak.....

Not normal but not a freak....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Have to agree with you though...My missus takes the pee all the time when I go fishing, I guess because I'm not colour coordinated and camouflage greens and browns are "not my colours". Still that's what we Anglers have to put up with. When she starts I just nod and say " Yes Dear. Yes Dear, Yes Dear." Usually by the third Yes Dear she loses interest or I get a thump... :muttley::muttley:
LOL Trev! None of us are normal mate :)

I quite fancy some of these though. I'd definitely blend in more! I'd buy some for sure if I could get em.

http://hump.jp/item/2.html

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Chr*st Ben if I could afford them I'd be tempted to wear them all the time myself........ How much are they in GBP?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Too much mate! We'd need someone to start making something similar over here instead. There's probably more than likely a market for it. Not ever angler wants to look like a gimp! :p

About £270 + postage + VAT :-(

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
You no like Bob?! Must be an age thing!! ;-) :muttley:

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I wear my black lure forum hoodie down the pub! No shame in wearing in out anywhere! Jersey isn't exactly cutting edge fashionwise anyway. Get a few weird looks sat outside the Yacht in it though...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
That's the way Mark....get your money's worth out of it.....;-)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think we should start our own lure fishing clothing range. Purpose made, designed by fashionistas of the lure fishing world. It can't fail.......

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Whens your next visit Alex? When's my deadline?? :D Would love to...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
What an exciting fashion range name?? I still don't think it's helping our cause being called "HUMP"....:-o:-o

Maybe it's my age but I could never hear that name without thinking of dogs sh*gging some one's leg. Not the sort of image the designers would like but never the less the only image that springs to mind when I hear the word.... Maybe thats their logo like the Nike Tick..... I think I'm beginning to warm to this clothes label...... :muttley::muttley::muttley:

·
Registered
849 Posts
When I'm fishing I couldn't give a crap what I look like as long as the clothing does the job it's designed for.

Come to think of it I never give a crap what I look like :)
Most of my stuff comes from Millets, Blacks or band t-shirts. I do buy some expensive stuff like Northface, Simms, Orvis etc.. but it's more for function rather than form. Picked up a nice Northface packlite Jacket in Blacks on sale the other day for £35! Sure it's a kind of mustard green colour and it's XXL but it'll do nicely for fishing, something I can stuff in the bag and it's nice and light. I've never been one for fashion, i'll leave that to the chavs and posers :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts