The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well another early start today alan called me at 4am i just love these first light sessions.we went to a mark that ive never been to before but alan has caught plenty of bass in past at this mark.it looked good when we got there but as we got closer we could see lots of weed on the top of the water.it was a good walk to this mark so we said we would have a go anyway after a few casts and plenty of weed we packed up and on to another mark.now alan was flyfishing and had no lure rod with him and this mark was not really suitable for flyfishing thats why we went to the first mark its a good place for flyfishing.so i put on the p-boy in silver and after a few casts i was into a nice bass and as i just put my hand out to grab the line off he went at least there was fish there.so after a good 20 min nothing happening so i stwitched to an ayu xlayer the tide was just starting to come and it wasnt long before i got hit fish on happy days.as i was bringing in the fish i could see alan snapping away on the camera so the pressure was on but landed it nicely.so a quick pic and back it went and out again it wasnt long before i got another hit and landed that one as well so i was happy with that.heres a few pics alan took thanks alan for a good morning.next time bring your lure rod as well and a few sea trout flies.so we headed home and i had a nice full irish waiting for me that the kids had made for me what a start to the day excellent.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice one Pat, and some great pics by Alan!!

Also hows the injection for working surface lures and plugs,, i know its probably best with the softies but still contemplating one :wink:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
james no problem with the injection and lures like the feed popper 100 and the baby patchinko and feed shallow 105 etc.im trying to keep the lures small this year.
sam i never enjoyed a breakfast as much it set me up for the day.im just back from the beach with the kids we were swimming the water was really warm ill sleep well tonight.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Super report Pat, nice fish and great pics, well done :-D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Super report & pics Pat ;) . . . getting more & more excited . . . :wackit:

James, the Injection copes with hard plugs very very well. It's just lovely with plugs around the 12 - 18g range. It's a really versatile rod (deffo not just for s/p's).

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
simon dont get to excited easy now easy when you stand in the water the fish might sence your excitment and take off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts