The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out the door at 3am and away. When I got to the spot my heart sank as the water was very, very coloured. I gave it a crack anyway but after an hour fishing over the productive part of the tide and nothing to show I decided to move.

Coming back in off the spot I got a wader full of water, soaked! Luckily I had a change in the car so off to the next spot a few miles down.
This time the water was crystal clear. I haven't had any bass from this spot and it was the same today but it looks like it has potential.
Then, off to my last spot another few miles down again. A good friend has produced bass in here and it was my first time giving it a crack. It looked like it had great potential but at this point I was fishing into a full tide so the timing was off but I persisted. The water was gin clear and because my fishing position was elevated I could see the lure coming from 30/40 yards out. I had a lot of follows from small pollock and landed 2 and I also had a follow from 2 much bigger fish which I suspect were bass but no takes!! Tried every sort of retrieve and lure (surface & sub) but no takers!
Packed up about 7.45am and headed for home with a wounded racing pigeon under arm that had kept me company on the rocks (a quick call to a local pigeon club this morning had a bloke out to collect him!!)
All in all a decent morning considering no bass and I reckon the new spot has real potential if caught at the right state of tide.
One slap up Irish Breakfast later (courtesy of the kids for Dad's Day) and a quick 2 hour nap and I'm planning the next session.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Excellent report Colm I enjoyed reading that, lets hope the mark produces Bass for you in the future :-D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unlucky bud on the Bass at least you got a few pollack, its bein slow with the bass over my side aswell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts