faulty feed shallow 105? | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

faulty feed shallow 105?

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Pollock

ive taken delivery of a feed shallow 105 recently,and as soon as i took it out of the box,i noticed the front lug wich holds the hook was crooked.on closer inspection you can clearly see a hole where the the lug should be positioned.here it gets interesting.i emailed the overseas vendor,to be told that this is how it should be,and that he has a stack of lures that all have this same front hook hanger! was also told that if i send the lure back at my own expense,they will replace or refund.it looks to me like a fault that could let in water,which could mean this guy has a stack of duds on his hands.i would be very grateful if someone could put me straight on this one.and as a little aside,for some reason,when i try to connect to this site im bieng told its an untrusted sight and that someone maybe trying to impersonate the site???
    never had this prob before,and i know its a site plenty of forum members use.thanks for your time and thoughts on this one.

2. Striper

where did you buy it and can we have a photo? Could it be a cheap copy?

3. Bass

Yeah put a photo up and we will settle this one for you lee

4. Pollock

came from eatackle guys.bought from them before with no problems.will post pic tomorrow,but there is a clear few mm gap where the front lugg/u shaped hook hanger is out of position.

5. Sea Trout

got a few feeds from eastackle this year and there all as they should be...

6. Pollock

all the feedshallows i got from there are fine,except for one 105.if someone could tell me whether theres a small hole at the front lug or not,that would be great.the guy at eastackle has told me that the hole should be there and that hes entire batch of ochi ayu 105's had this hole in the lure and its designed like this.i think the lug is out of position and whole is where it should be positioned.

7. Perch

Got a brand new 105 infront of me lee and it looks exactly the same as the 128s I have around the front lug as near as damn it. Will post up a piccy if i can.

Not the clearest but here you go,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  8. Pollock

thanks mark.just had to make sure.wouldnt advise buying the 105 ochi ayu from eastackle at the moment guys.seems to me hes got a stock of slightly iffy ones. cheers again mark.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

View attachment 11605 View attachment 11606 View attachment 11607

managed to get couple pics up.had to get the kids to help.:oops:

9. Pollock

Cant see the attachment Lee,

It says:
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

10. Pollock

same here i cant see it ,same as danny

11. Pollock

ah fck it!!gonna fix the lure meself, and not having a dig at eastackle.always been cool before when ive used them.just a dodgy batch.

12. Bass

people dont realise this but you can go to all manufacturers directly...they may be a better service than the local supplier

---------- Post added at 11:17 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

a good example of this is taking a zippo back
    or taking your iphone to apple instead of the phone company

13. Salmon

Stefan, might be the case with many companies, but dealing direct with many japanese companies is VERY hard. English isn't often spoken, or even read by some of them. Trust me unless you happen to have someone that speak/writes japanese-you will most likely get nowhere fast.
    Funnily enough the service from Local UK suppilers is often better than it is elsewhere. The only faulty lure I have ever received was replaced within 48 hours!!

14. Bass

meh wasn't thinking about the language barrier
    though didn't find it a problem in Japan
    what if they had a uk or European sales rep?

well I'd take it back than try and fix it myslef, anyone tried taking a gatorade back for a " faulty" lip :)

I've rang Okuma uk for a faulty handle and they sent me a new one free of charge

15. Salmon

If you brought it in the UK, you are laughing, will get sorted asap. Trouble only happens when you buy from overseas. But you can't exspect the UK agent/rep to be replacing lures brought elsewhere.
    Fixing the Gataride bib depends on how broken it is. There is a thread on here on how to fix them!! And not by filing off parts that you need to have a working lure-LOL

16. Bass

I found that thread yesterday...very interesting with the 3d printing...awesome technology!!

thats the thing though...I can only "see" (no experience) there being a problem with "where" you bought it IF its an official product
    my concern is ....is it official and not a chinese copy........

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

obviously they may well have a different company policy on a "disposable lure"