Feed Poppers | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Feed Poppers

Discussion in 'Surface Lures' started by {name}, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Perch

Does anyone catch regularly on their TH feed poppers and if so what sizes and colours do the business for you ? I am thinking of buying one or two.

I have had them in the past and had very mixed results on them and sold them, but I realise and I never gave them a fair go. I always reverted to patchinkos, mag poppers and zclaws which I have loads of confidence in.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. Striper

had one...... lost it....... didnt get another.......

3. Perch

I am strangely attracted to the mackerel one Barry, what colour did you have ?

4. Striper

Off the top of my head it was either mackeral or mullet lovely looking lure to be honest...casts a mile aswell its just not my thing.......

5. Perch

By far my favourite surface lure - the big one's cast a country mile

Mackerel is the most successful but have caught on pearl and dolphin.

The biggest buzz in fishing for me is when a decent bass whacks into a feed popper on the surface especially when they miss and then come back for another go.
    I'm shouting and giggling like Cyril Chauquet:-D

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Perch

Sounds like you rate both sizes Phil, I got the imopression the smaller one was more effective.

I have had them in the past in both sizes with mixed results, but I never gave them that much water time as I had so much confidence in Patchinkos, mag poppers and the like.

7. TLF Admin

Ah the old Feed popper eh , what a belting choppy water lure gotta love em i do :wackit: yeah baby , the 100 is great but both sizes catch for me , the black ( gun metal ) and the UB15 ,
    Just work them slow pop pause slow wind pop and if your lucky BOOM bass on :rollineyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Perch

Mark

I simply use the smaller ones when boat fishing and the bigger ones from the shore for casting reasons.

I've changed up from the 100 to the 120 when fishing from the RIB and continued to get hits. So I'm not convinced it makes too much difference

Then again what do I know - I can't catch a cold on a Patchenko:-D