Feed shallow 105 or 128???? | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Feed shallow 105 or 128????

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Striper

I've put my foot down and said that I'm buying one more lure this year and that's it!!!!

I'm in the market for a feed shallow in #11 (mullet), but not sure if I should get the 105 or 128????

I already have a 105 in sardine as the mullet was out of stock when I wanted one initially.

Your thoughts please on which size you have found most productive......don't want to end up buying one of each :batonhead:

Dan

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  2. Senior Member

Daniel, I have one of each but the 128 has caught me more bass to be honest.

3. Perch

i havent caught a single fish on the 128 in the straits , had quite a few on the 105.

4. Banned

105 for me, just love the chartreuse colour.

5. Wrasse

Daniel, so many opinions, better to ask locally, depending on which area, presumably Wales, that you fish most, which one is likely to be the most effective for you. I'm lucky to have both, and IMHO it depends what size baitfish the bass seems to prefer on any given day..........this time of year i would go bigger! Robert.

6. Mullet (foul hooked)

I've caught more fish on the 105, but as you already have a 105 I would probable go for the 128 as although the lures action is very similar the 128's action is a little less 'tight' compared to the 105 in my opinion.

7. Striper

Dan,Id be tempted to get the 128+ in sandeel....or white even for that cloudy water.cheers daz.

8. Striper

That's what I had heard about the Straits Haydn.....

Thanks for confusing me even more Darren......:lol:

Is the plus even larger than the 128?

9. Wrasse

No just a gram or two heavier Daniel, nice colour the sandeel.

10. Striper

Ah right, that's handy to know with the North Wales wind always blowing a gale in your face wherever you go! Lol

11. Guest

I'd vote for the 105. In my opinion they cast better as well. Is it distance you're looking for?

12. Striper

Not really mate, just trying to cut down on the amount I'm spending on plugs......I'm like a magpie with all these shinny things!!!

Wanted to know which is more productive more than anything.

13. Sea Trout

The feed+ sits tail down when stationary and floats up slower when stopped. Whether or not it makes any difference is up for debate lol. As for 105 v 128 I like the 128 most of the time. But id listen to the locals advice, it will be region dependent for sure.

14. Striper

Chris your so right......Region dependant.I find pattern sardine kills around Pembrokeshire area but up here for me anyway sardine is outfished by olive,ayu and more natural colour lures.My shoreline r50 in sardine has worked for me but only pups.I would love to see a feedshallow in smelt pattern...tissues !!!!!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  15. Pollock

Good luck with not buying any more lures Daniel :-D

As far as the feed shallow goes I've got the 105 in No 8, the 128 in mullet and the + in glow (pearl / chartreuse) and no luck on any yet but they're great lookng lures with a fantastic action so I'm sure you'll do well with whichever you chose ;-).

16. Striper

Daz, a sardine shiner r50 is what caught most of the fish in my "2 weeks off" thread! Brilliant lure and I'll be getting a spare or two when they are on offer again! ;)

Andy you know what it's like.....think I should start some lureaholics anonymous meetings!
    Lol

• Like Like x 1