feed shallow casts like a dry sock | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

feed shallow casts like a dry sock

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Chub

ive tried them a few times over the last 3 years always end up changing it after 3-4 casts i am not doubting their fish catching abilities just they cast like muck.....am i the only one:wackit:

2. TLF Super Poster

Have you got a copy...? Mine all fly quite well

3. Tarpon

Yep, mine cast just fine also.

4. Chub

no sure they were originals wouldnt say they are very bad just not great

5. Chub

looking like its just me so :)

6. Tarpon

Depends what you are comparing it to really. Doesnt cast as well as a Patchinko, Zonk or a metal lure, but casts better than most jointed lures, and lures without a weight transfer system (like many of the Cormoran or Savagear lures) . . . .

7. Senior Member

i find they cast fine and they catch fish and the finish is a lot better than the maria chase plugs ive got a feed shallow ive had for 3 years and its still okay it does have some teeth marks in it but it still catches plenty of fish

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  8. Chub

i suppose its incomparable as they are unique, very successful for sure just not a fan think any time i tried them i had the wind into my face didnt help

9. Sea Trout

Feedshallow casts pretty well and has a very nice action.Imo an excellent lure. Maybe theres something wrong with your lure. I have been told that this happens quiet a lot with the maxraps.Maybe your lure did hit a rock or it contains a constuctionflaw but Tackle house is an outstanding lurecompany.

10. Pollock

I know where your coming from Sean.

For me it casts OK but not as well as others mentioned. I don't believe that the + is any better either.

But its a fish catching lure.

11. Sea Trout

I don't mean this in a bad way, but maybe your casting might need to be tweaked to get the best out of casting lighter plugs, 18g feed shallow into a head wind is always going to cause you a problem so then switch to a feed shallow plus which is slightly heavier.

12. Striper

Ive only got the feedshallow 105 and that thing always goes out like a bullet.

13. Striper

I've got a few feed shallows and they cast OK for me. I do have one older FS and the bearings inside are getting rusty and stick so it tumbles through the air sometimes. It need a good thwack to start the cast and you can then hear the bearings going clunk into position.

14. Salmon

You get the odd crappy 'see-saw' cast, but most casts where you nail it, it goes plenty far enough for me. A country mile more than lures without transfer weight system in them. Try an SL-14 if you want a lure that casts an unfeasibly long way

15. Sea Trout

I've got three FS and the oldest one does this, have to really wack the cast to get the ball bearings to pop.

16. Sea Trout

Yes, maybe water has got in and rusted up your balls. Got the same problem with a couple of my Aile Magnets :-(

17. Pollock

I find with my feed shallow, sometimes the magnet in the casting system doesn't detach to the rear(you should hear it click as you cast). When this happens it casts like crap.

18. Chub

maybe this is what put me off normally give them all a downward flick just before casting anyways

19. Chub

The same thing happens with mine, when I initially got it I thought this casts like plop but it was because the ball wasn't detaching without a hard whack backwards, maybe the magnets are bit too strong sometimes?

20. Salmon

Mine (both standard and plus versions) both cast fine, never going to cast as well as lures like a Patchinko2, but plenty to get the job done.