The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t know if this has been posted before but has anyone noticed how crap the hooks on a Feed Shallow are ? have caught a few fish lately around 2-3ib mark and the treble hooks have been almost straightened ,makes you think what a “Slabber” would do to them if you were lucky enough to connect with one!

Any way I would like to know which hooks do other forum members use as replacements as I don’t want to impair the lures action by using the wrong type of treble hook.

Also can anyone recommend a lure that is on par with the Feed Shallow but can cast a bit further?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
The hooks on the feed shallow are the same hooks found on 90-95% of japanese plugs Owner ST46, Never had any problems with them myself.
But MrFish does the Decoys which are a suitable replacement, and don't seem to effect the action.
If you want a better casting shallow lure, have a look at the Duo DC12, Good action, very good casting, and runs pretty shallow-The Mat Iwashi colour well worth checking out.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Dave, I agree with you that they seem the same as the rest ST46's but I too have had the hooks bend out out on 2lb schoolie. Doesn't seem right whatever's fitted.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Andy,
You are quite right, but I wonder what is the reason behind this problem?? Plug design maybe?? Drag??
As I have said, Never had a problem with hooks on a feed shallow myself.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all for your replies.

I really don,t think it,s a problem with setting the drag....The hooks are just S**t !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts