The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Chinese copy!!! I think I will save my money for the real thing!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Interesting! Bet the action will actually be ok. Only the casting will probably not be as good and the hooks look pants.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Good spot on the hooks. I am not a fan of cheap copies personally, there is always something to let you down. But heyho, but add the price of some better hooks and the postage and the unknown "why so cheap?" factor and where does that get you?

And that's just a cynical SP angler talking. I've only got 4 Feed Shallows and I feel inadequate.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Loads of copies on there.

·
Banned
792 Posts
easy does it for the Chinese. Its only a mould to be copied and then you can start making money. Maybe they have got a castingsystem inside, but I fear they dont. LEadballs, maybe. So, who is gonna make a "buy and try" for this board? Maybe this one is even cheaper!

^^

Thomas

·
Banned
792 Posts
I clicked on the link and got to the page, but when I clicked the home page it crashed my laptop, fricken thing.
bet that was some kind of user fault... whistle.gif innocent.gif flowers.gif

My scanners do not say anything on that page. Try firefox 3.6x and noscript add on, best to offer if you do not feel good visiting a homepage like this. But did not hear about such things from italy.
The second shop shows, the chinese are going into big busyness with these.

Making cost .2US$$ selling for 10US$$...

Thousends of anglers trying their luck with only one of these and you have a win win situation for the dealer side...

omtc
Thomas

Attachments

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
bet that was some kind of user fault...
I will remember that when you snap a rod Dr Thomas, cheeky bugger!! I know what you mean though, they actually do look quite good, but so did Chad Valley toys when I was a kid and they were all broken by boxing day. Come on boys someone buy one and let us know, I might even buy one myself.

·
Banned
792 Posts
Howdy and hello ****,
why so angry, just miss my smileys all the time writing here...

B U T 99.9% of such things your computers are "doing" are user faults...

so as it is alike with snapping rods, isnt it? cool.gif wink.gif

cheers and nice weekend
Thomas

PS try this avg and the security toolbar. That gives you a little symbol in google search showing you unsecure sites listed at them. Its free for private use.

Attachments

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I am not angry Doc, you are just worried because I am the don of Jersey and you are standing on plastic sheeting. Thomas I have very thick skin mate, hence why I carry so much weight, I am not easily offended and can have the craic with anyone. I take very little I read on the internet with much seriousness, man you would crack up if you did really. No probs bud.

·
Banned
792 Posts
nevertheless, they even have a catalog with all that copies and are only sold in Spain, greek and Italy (no copyright in spain greek and italy anymore?) , as far as I found out till today.
Shipping cost are quite endurable, so the total cost of one depends on how much you are going to order...
Put 90 in a box and stay below 2kg would make them a great deal, so.

Taking ten would make each 4,69€ for me.

CHeers
Thomas

·
Registered
779 Posts
nevertheless, they even have a catalog with all that copies and are only sold in Spain, greek and Italy (no copyright in spain greek and italy anymore?) , as far as I found out till today.
Shipping cost are quite endurable, so the total cost of one depends on how much you are going to order...
Put 90 in a box and stay below 2kg would make them a great deal, so.

Taking ten would make each 4,69€ for me.

CHeers
Thomas
Thomas - Ive got 4.69 that says they are rubbish lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Stick to the real deal and you can't go wrong. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. If you really want cheap lures then just go for things like bomber long A.

Ive seen some of these cheap lures in HK and to be honest. They were soo light the the tide would carry them. Maybe they're ok for pond fishing. Thats about it

·
Banned
792 Posts
@Thomas: see it the same as you do! Would order just for testing and send you one and one to **** for testing also. Then we all write down our "feelings" and experiences with em here in this thread (or order all available and sell em here and make a fortune laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ) and fine the real life testing is. I can test the real one I got kindly for testing from you Thomas against this copy without beeing influenced before!

Would even like to open one to see wether there is a casting system inside or just a clump of lead.

Will decide end of next week.
Thomas

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts