The Lure Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to my local water to have a cast or 100 with some new pike lures I'd accumulated during the winter months. Had a small jack on a new black jitterbug off the surface (can't beat a surface smash!), clipped on a rather ridiculous looking lure called a BBZ Rat which imitates a small mouse swimming along the top excellently, first cast and it got hit in the shallows but no hook up!

Further along the bank I decided to try a new Fiiish Black Minnow 160 in a Fluoro Green/Yellow with an Orange tail fitted with the shallow head. A few variations in retrieve had me use a straight retrieve with the rod tip high to keep the lure near the surface with that irresistible black minnow wobble and BANG, a small Jack whacked into the lure close in. Managed to get this one on my GoPro so you guys can see how hard this little pike hit the Black Minnow!

Change the Quality to 720p :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
155 Posts
nice one mate, I've been trying to get a decent video for ages but i always seem to catch late at night and the video comes out black, so fair play to ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts