The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Looks and sounds a good little rod actually! Shame it's not just a tad longer though? Still, could be ideal for some vertical and short range stuff!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nigel, this is quite an interesting find. I too am enthused by the jersey boys exploits on the really light stuff and have been looking for a budget option for a light rod. have you used the rod yet to give us any clues?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
for the money, IM7, 6ft ?

don't rule it out.

SP's aren't plugs and harbours etc can have tight nooks and crannies.

3g rated...

why not give it a go.

I have 2 X 6ft rods for cranking small plugs that are just fine. Not long casters but good fun.

It might be a nice cheap stop gap till we determine our needs more fully.

Lets be clear, some plugs cost more than this rod !

Gotta be worth a go.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
This is what I am thinking, Keith. How bad would it have to be to not be worth the money? Considering my main bass rod is the Quantum Energy Bass (quite "heavy" compared to some) I do need a lighter rod for fishing small SPs

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Remember too, 2 years ago, we all wanted 9 and 10 foot rods.

Yes, I still have 2.70's but I mostly fish 2.40 and 2.10's now

Injection at 7' 3"

I would have laughed at you m8 if you'd have suggested a 7' 3" rod at £350 would have become my fast favourite.

The mind boggles it really does.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nigel, this is quite an interesting find. I too am enthused by the jersey boys exploits on the really light stuff and have been looking for a budget option for a light rod. have you used the rod yet to give us any clues?

Tim

I haven't used it yet but it seems a cracking rod for the money.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I'm going for one (so don't bid against me please!), and will put my Shimano Exage 2500FA on it. Have to get some lighter braid now...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Thanks, Mark. I was just looking there as I got my PP .23 from them, and had the 8lb in mind. They seem cheaper than anyone for the Powerpro even though it has sneaked up £1 to £13.50.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just ordered mine. Am planning to spend the afternoon watching rugby, football & looking for a tidy little reel & some new ultralight sp's on line.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Mine's on the way and I anticipate a few quid with AGM for jig heads and SPs this week...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Jeremy - exactly the same as that! The rod is lovely (nice tube and cover as well) and the rod is perfectly balanced with the Exage 2500RA that I have for it. Just got to get the 8lb PowerPro on and then as you say it's time to play with all the little plastic toys!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts