The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Stupid thing is that I have always carried a first aid pack in my bait fishing bags but never in my lure bags, yet have had more need for it in lure fishing than bait fishing.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I always carry a small kit with me but thinking abut expanding it a bit to encompass a full rock kit tocover broken bones etc.

·
Registered
672 Posts
We started taking a first Aid kit last year to our B.A.S.S fishins.

Over the years i have had a few falls on the slippy green stuff.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guys weve got to carry these.my mate fell head first into a trout pool and he was well leakin.strapped him up with my kit which got him to hosy otherwise it would of been much worsre.maybe ask **** to sell them.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Good spot Steve,
Quote "Keep in the boot or glove box – a pouch full of items for the rapid treatment of minor cuts, grazes, aches and pains. Choose from: Red or Green. "
Wonder if theres enough bandages in there to shut the missus up.:wink:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Guys,

A couple of sterile pads and black gaffer tape for larger grazes (micro-pore dosen't stick for long especially when wet)
Waterproof plasters for small cuts (with a bit of black gaffer tape to hold it in place)
Deep cuts, to a finger/hand, (i.e. knife slippage) one of your sterile pads, wrapped in...you guessed it....black gaffer for pressure and keep elevated.

First aid for cuts and grazes in the field.............................done!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Normally have a wide strip of waterproof adhesive strip (great for blisters and preventing them should you find you have to walk miles in wet boots and socks) An antibacterial spray, a decent wound dressing and some steristrips.

Most important of all a mobile phone, keep mine in a waterproof case which has already paid for itself after my last dunking.

·
Registered
379 Posts
A couple of sterile pads and black gaffer tape for larger grazes (micro-pore dosen't stick for long especially when wet)
Waterproof plasters for small cuts (with a bit of black gaffer tape to hold it in place)
Deep cuts, to a finger/hand, (i.e. knife slippage) one of your sterile pads, wrapped in...you guessed it....black gaffer for pressure and keep elevated.
just the job

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I'm a first aider.
Even I don't carry that stuff when fishing.

Where does it end ?

I guess it makes sense to leave out 1 or 2 lures in place of some safety or first aid kit.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The steristrips dont take up any room and are a quick alternative for small splits where a few stiches might be the order of the day. To be honest have not used the spray whilst out but have patching up in the tent between sessions. I've also always got a couple of Ibuprofen on me 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts