The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got a line wet this weekend and after blanking on Saturday and leaving loads of gear at an extremely rocky mark I went back Sunday with some bait and a float...

Caught about twenty fish, 5 different types, all pretty small. Fish here pull hard.

Got busted off twice, decent fish, bitten off I think both times.

Caught this - any guess as to what it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Might be a luderick. All my OZ fishing books are in the loft or I could have a look through. Well done on your first fish. Where did you go?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks Wrassy to me too !! Bust off twice ????? Sounds like bad angling ;).
P*ss off Lewis - the bloody fish out here have all got great big teeth!!

The little Stradic that I have bought was singing a beautiful tune then 'ting' and alot of foul language...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Might be a luderick. All my OZ fishing books are in the loft or I could have a look through. Well done on your first fish. Where did you go?
Mike, I found out last night, just thought you guys might like the challenge!

Place called Sugar Loaf Bay, near Castle Craig in Middle Harbour.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
P*ss off Lewis - the bloody fish out here have all got great big teeth!!

The little Stradic that I have bought was singing a beautiful tune then 'ting' and alot of foul language...

Seem to remember you mincing around with a toothy fish down West too ;).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Caught this - any guess as to what it is?
Looks very wrasse like alright, apart from the little bright spots and the fact that you caught in Australia you could be forgiven for thinking that it was a little corkwing wrasse. Is it by any chance a small Blue Groper?

I had lots of fun last time I was over there catching all sorts of weird and wonderful looking fish, nothing very big mind you but great fun all the same. I'd love to go back again soon.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks very wrasse like alright, apart from the little bright spots and the fact that you caught in Australia you could be forgiven for thinking that it was a little corkwing wrasse. Is it by any chance a small Blue Groper?

I had lots of fun last time I was over there catching all sorts of weird and wonderful looking fish, nothing very big mind you but great fun all the same. I'd love to go back again soon.
Spot on - baby Blue Groper - the 'National Fish' of NSW. You almost get lynched for catching one - luckily C&R for me...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts