The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out tonight with a mate to a local mark. Wasn't expecting a lot as it was a crap tide but the water is pretty clear at the minute and my mate has been stuck in the house with his missus on night shifts all week.

Got down to the mark and as it's really rocky and weedy opted for a Spindle worm on a weighted weedless hook. Fished it pretty slow with the odd gentle jerk.

After about 20 minutes got a good take and after loosing fish on weedelss hooks a month or so ago, I made sure to set the hook properly. The fish gave me a fun fight, pulling hard and shooting in towards me. I was carefull to keep contact but not bully the fish too much.

Landed it nice and easily on a shelf nearby, measured 50 cms on the tape and 3lb on the scales. Over the moon as it's the biggest I've had so far on lures. Also nice as all other have been caught on my own and nice to get a proper picture holding a fish.

A few minutes later my mate got his first ever off the surface but after about twenty seconds lost it, later realising he had his drag set way too loose and forgetting to set it after tackling up.

We fished on for another couple of hours around the area, but nothing doing at all so called it a night. Really nice to put my blanking run to and end and hopefully the next one wont take as long to come along.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
well done Pete...Lovely looking fish..........SP's do it again.....

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Pete!!! :p

·
Registered
325 Posts
Great stuff Pete glad you put an end to fishless run too.I was out tonight with my mate and blanked spectacularly.It was a toss up between flood tide tonight or up at daft o'clock to fish it on the ebb in the morning.Bed won hands down still recovering from last week.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Well done Pete, lovely looking fish and a cracking report. I'm going to have to take another look at these SP's....

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great stuff Pete, well done :-D

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My mate who lost one last night went back out this morning and got his first one ever on the surface at the same mark. Weighed at 3lbs which is his p.b. as well. Forgot to say that mine and his were both released and swam off strongly. Well chuffed for him after losing that one last night.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
great report m8 and nice that people are experimenting with soft lures and doing so well.
It won't be your last Bass on SP's I can assure you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nice one Pete! The cat who got the cream ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts