The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a very short session as was on baby duty until 7:30 and then took a while to get up there and set up. Caught after about 20 minutes or so on a Patchinko. Just over 3lbs and released safely. Sorry about the MS Paint disguise but the photo gave a little too much away.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice One Pete,
Nothing like one off the top.great result for a quick session.

·
Registered
865 Posts
nice one mate! a need to get me finger out, but cannit get mesel away from the bait at mo(pretty constant), cos the sessions on plugs local have been unsuccessful.

keep at it tho mate welldone!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Super fish Pete, well done :-D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice fish off the top, Pete. I haven't done well this season on the surface lures - must try harder!

·
Registered
161 Posts
nice one mate hopeing to get out this weekend was out last weekend at local spot friend got totaly smashed off top took his lure lot drag not slack enough totaly parted the line 30 pound braid big splash had been good sized one make that much disturbance well try again hopefuly with something to post bye for now rod

·
Registered
773 Posts
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Nice Drum and Bass artwork Pete, well done on the lovely fish.[/FONT]

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nice fish Pete!
Not only do you have the satisfaction of getting your first off the top, but also actually catching on a very short session when quite probably, deep down, you are really only going so you can tell yourself that you go to go fishing.

Now then, as for the location.....
Going by the angle of the moon and the approximate time of day that the photo was taken....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi PeteB,Nice bass in picture, Hope you nailed some more of them
over the weekend in Ireland, I meet you fishing on Saturday Evening,
I returned there sunday and had 3 fish about 1Lb but from the other side
up near the boat on a zonk.Happy Days. Hope Sunday was a success. All the best Joe

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nice one Pete. Hopefully there'l be a few more to accompany that one before long for you :D

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Joe

I just got back tonight and will put up a report in due course but unfortunately the week was a blank. Best chance was definately the day out with Jim but no luck, the Bass just weren't playing.

I had a look on my last night to try and get on the other side of the estuary but couldn't work it out. The only access seemed to be down the cliffs? Is there an easier way?

Take care mate.

Pete

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Pete, bad luck with the fishing the conditions were poor allright, there is an easy way around to the other side its just a short walk along the beach
if your coming over again let me know and ill show you the way, but tbh you were on the best side i was just lucky. Did you learn much on the sunday.

·
Registered
683 Posts
nice one, not managed one of the top yet, were u on the north east coast,we tryed earlier in the week and didnt have a sniff,need something to give me hope for tomorow

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Stephan. This report is from the back end of August. Not tried on lures lcoally since around October mate. Wouldn't expect any Bass on lures here until June ish (you never know though), but there is other stuff to try for when the water clears up a little like Codling, Coalies, Pollock, Fliounder etc.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts