The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting in lot of hours this month i finally caught one Not a big fish just under 2lb but a very welcome one Caught on a tackle house feed shallow Ayu colour Thought at first i was snagged on a rock but realised that rocks dont pull back Stood there like a dummy thinkin i just lost a new plug when the fish took off like a rocket This spot fishes better on an outgoing tide Ealy start for me tomorrow then.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Marq for getting out today and some reward for all the hours spent, nice looking fish and any fish this time of the year is worth having..:-D:-D

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice One Marq,
Well done getting off to an early start in 2010, worth the hours though isn't it.
What area (roughly) of the country are you from?

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
well done marq on your first of the year was out today but no joy...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Cornwall, Right that is it!!
First Nath and now your good self.
I feel a visit to Cornwall coming on shortly.
But seriously, I was out today, very nicely done Marq, hope you get loads more.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Nathan the spot is very close to where we met a few weeks ago There are some productive gulleys around that way Generally the fish as you rightly said are smaller in that area But on the right day!!!!! Good luck Nathan nice to hear from you If you decide to go down there give me a shout Would love to spend few hours on the rocks

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After typing out a reply to you Nathan i lost it so here goes again Yes the spot is close to where we met a few weeks ago You are right the fish are smaller down that end of the beach but there are some nice gulleys that hold good fish If you ever find yourself planning a trip down there give me a shout would love to meet up again

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well done, I was at the same venue yesterday from 8.30am until around 10.30am, didn't have no luck, must of just missed you looking at the state of the tide in your pics.

I did however catch my first bass of the year there a week and a half ago, weighing in at 5lb 4oz (caught on a Maria Chase BW, right after restarting the retrieve after pausing halfway through to ask my fishing buddy something). One fish in 4 sessions, so far for me this year, still chuffed to have that though.

P.S, you didn't happen to find a pair of gloves on the road did you, I put them on my car roof when packing up and forgot about them, only remembered when I got back to Plymouth, lol.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
A big well done from me.

Getting these winter fish is flying in the face of tradition, especially on lures.

Now, go and get another one.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well deserved fish that so good job. Too cold for me - Brrrr!. Interesting to see there are fish around though and on a conventional lure too (Feed Shallow was my top lure last year). How did you fish the lure to get the take? It would be interesting to see if anyone else is catching bass elsewhere - we know Cornwall is fishing well for this time of year, but no real evidence of many other bass.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts