The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a bit of a late report as the one that George wrote himself was lost before it got published so I hope he doesn't mind me doing him a quick report as I know he was chuffed to catch his first brown trout.
George is a committed bass angler but when his Grandparents come to stay he gets the chance to go fly-fishing with them and borrow some gear. He hasn't had a lot of luck until now as he has been needing some casting tuition. Luckily he has had the chance to do a course after school this term and his casting is much improved as a result. At the end of the half term week we were treated to a day's fishing at Garnffwrd Fishery, and we opted to fish a catch and release ticket. It was the first time we had been to this fishery and I was impressed with the surroundings, hospitality and numbers and size of fish stocked. It was very hot and sunny and conditions weren't ideal, truth be told. We fished long and hard with a variety of flies but the ones that did the trick were buzzers and hoppers fished tight to the banks or under the jetties. George managed a rainbow and his first brownie so was dead chuffed as he did everything on his own. He is now dead set on getting a bass on the fly too!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Lovely report & cracking pictures !! That really is a lovely fishery (btw - i saw a guy catch a 'double' off that peg last week - so hold on to your rod there George, there are monsters of the deep in that lake ;)).

I may join George in having a crack at the Shirley's on the fly - that'd be a great achievement i rekon.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done George, you are turning into a good all-round angler, lovely fish :-D Nice report Tim !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts