The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out last week with my wife ( Zena ) so that she could buy herself a spinning outfit as she wanted to start fishing with me and the nipper. Soooooooooooo she got herself a lovely Storm Lady Luck Pink Rod, reel and line, As we had decided to go fishing that night, out we went again later in the day for some Lures and other bits and pieces
We went down to our chosen spot along with the nipper and after probably 10 mins of showing her how to cast etc etc, she was chucking the lure out like an old hand and thoroughly enjoying herself so i left her to it and went for a chuck around myself.

After chucking the lure out a few times, Fish On !!!!! and after a brave but brief struggle my first ever shore caught, lure caught Bass albeit a Schoolie around 1.5lbs was in my hand Well chuffed....... After the obligatory photo shoot it was slipped back into the water and swam away quite happily . Might seem strange to some folk but i was Buzzing and Zena and the nipper were well happy too !!!. It has taken me a very long time to connect with a Bass of any sort from the shore so i am well pleased that i have finally done it.
But it doesn't end there.............. While me and Zena had a ciggie the nipper was happily fishing away and suddenly shouted Fish on !!!. To our delight he landed another Schoolie around the same size This was also his first Lure caught Bass so you can imagine how we all felt, and after its piccy was taken it slipped back happily and off it swam. Unfortuneately the wind and tide was getting the better of us so we moved back along the beach to a slip way passing a couple lads just about to set up the bait rods. Sadly Zena didnt connect that night but she has definitely caught the fishing bug well and truly and we are already planning our next trip so hopefully she will connect the next time. :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Hiya Paddy. nice to see you found your way to the light!!

The mark you were on throws up quite a few fish but I'm yet to have the biggy.

Good fishing!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Andy mate, Yeah i have always fancied fishing that mark but just never got round to it. We are going again hopefully this coming Monday so watch this space :-D If you are in the area pop down and say hi mate.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
It's worth fishing it into dusk on a rising tide casting from the end of the "pier" if you can get on it with the tide. If there's no fish there go further south and off the rocks on the north side of the big bay near where the road runs up the hill and there's a slipway (Very cryptic that isn't it!!)

I haven't fished that way for ages, long drive for me at the moment but i should try and get back there... Some big rockies on the mark you were fishing, had them over 5lb on bait so I might have to put an Xlayer through and see what comes along.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah andy i know where that slip way is :-D Funny enough i have bought some xlayers recently so may give them a go on monday.... Watch this space :-D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done Paddy..doesn't matter what size the fish is mate we all get that buzz....Good to see we have another youngster showing Dad how to catch Bass...

·
Registered
498 Posts
well done paddy, nice report, youngster must have been buzzin thats a future lure fisherman in the making

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well done on the fish Paddy, but where are the mentioned photos? I'm guessing you're in Guernsey by Andy's comments?
Thanks tim, yeah i am in Guernsey and as you can see Andy has put up a couple of pics :-D

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great stuff Paddy, nice to see the family involved :-D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Brilliant!!!! Nice one Paddy!! Plenty more to follow hopefully!!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts