The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Visited my local estuary mark with a friend new to plugging, Arrived early to try our luck with surface lures after a brief instruction on how to walk the dog my mate cast out the sammy 115 in pearl ayu and caught his first bass on the top only about a 1lb but put a smile on his face, Great for a first cast he also lost 2 more fish on the top. I proceeded with the lucky craft gunfish in pearl ayu and took 2 bass over a 1lb in half an hour.

Once it was deep enough to use shallow divers we put on the feed shalows and caught 8 fish between us myself 6 and my friend 3 up to 2lb in weight i gave my friend the stella, and i think Keith got it right as his retrieve was too fast, Anyway a great session with water temp at 19.5 degrees in the shallows lots of follows and bass hitting the topwaters. only problem was i slipped on the rocks and smashed my oakleys. Pics to follow resised this time simon.

Sorry fellas caught so many fish my maths suffered in the excitement.LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Visited my local estuary mark with a friend new to plugging, Arrived early to try our luck with surface lures after a brief instruction on how to walk the dog my mate cast out the sammy 115 in pearl ayu and caught his first bass on the top only about a 1lb but put a smile on his face, Great for a first cast he also lost 2 more fish on the top. I proceeded with the lucky craft gunfish in pearl ayu and took 2 bass over a 1lb in half an hour.

Once it was deep enough to use shallow divers we put on the feed shalows and caught 8 fish between us myself 6 and my friend 3 up to 2lb in weight
Something very fishy about this Michael .........8 fish between us .. At school 6 + 3 = 9 sorry bud....:oops: .....:rofl:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/IMG]

Once it was deep enough to use shallow divers we put on the feed shalows and caught 8 fish between us myself 6 and my friend 3 up to 2lb in weight i gave my friend the stella, and i think Keith got it right as his retrieve was too fast, Anyway a great session with water temp at 19.5 degrees in the shallows lots of follows and bass hitting the topwaters. only problem was i slipped on the rocks and smashed my oakleys. Pics to follow resised this time simon.

Sorry fellas caught so many fish my maths suffered in the excitement.LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Mike you are on a roll !

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Very nice report, and more consistent fishing !! :clap: Your off to a cracking start this season :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts