The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have got my first customer of the season tomorrow, Its great to see people wanting to start so early.! Just hoping now the conditions allow for a good session, thats the only risk this time of the year. But even though, i am so excited, i loves it i do.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I'm really looking forward to it Nath - are you sure that i need to wear a cowboy outfit though honey ????

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Good luck, Nath. Hope it goes well and the weather is kind for you!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Have a good one Nath, best of luck. Would be nice to see a successful catch report to kick the year off.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Best of luck Nath, its great news you are up and running at last, and the best advertising you can get is from happy customers. Guys please remember Nath down in Cornwall, if you are going down there or know anyone going then mention Nathan and what he does. Can I book you for the first Cornish Bass Fest? ha ha

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Nathan and may he be the first of many, just remember the Bass you are catching at the minute are WELSH and will come back home soon :muttley:

GOOD LUCK !

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
what a great day...so funny, the guy was a lovely chap but we had to spend a lot of time on his casting, as it wasnt his strong point but, when he did get it, there was no stopping the guy..fair play to him, it was unfortunate that he lost what looked to be a cracking fish......the fish never showed his or her self but gave the guy a good fight, i am trying to coach him what to do, but the fish really didnt give him a chance, ive got a photo of him fighting the fish....i so wanted to take the rod of him.....

He said that he didnt expect to be hit so hard, it frightened the life out of him...so funny, just wish we saw the flippin thing...lol I will put our day up on the catch report later on how we didnt catch :)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Job done Nath, fair play to you. Getting your client into fish at this time of time of year is no small acheivement.

Reactions: Nathan Taylor

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nath, if your client knew how well you did just to hook a good fish in February...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I know you do Nath, you can find the fish, choose the lure, tell him where to put it and how to retrieve it. But playing a fish is down to the client. You said that you didn't see it, does sound like a good fish.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ya it was a really good fish to keep him deep like that, I was trying to get him to bring it in to the pre arranged area/gully, but just didnt handle the rod position correctly, and the more i tried to correct him, i could see that he couldnt fight the fish and listen to me, as he was so focused on the fish. but he did ever so well, and that could of happened to anyone. I think if the fish was a couple lb i think he would of brought it in.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts