The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out tonight for a couple of hours at the local pier. Fished on the rocks where the beach meets the pier. It wasn't the intended area I was going to fish but was a little getting out and missed the high tide for the spot I had wanted to fish. Anyway, have had Bass from this area beforewhen bait fishing so thought I'd give it a go with the lures.

Only caught one small coalie which decided to throw itself back in as I was sorting the camera out so no pic unfortunately.

Couple of pics of the area.

South Shields Pier

Pier head looking back onto the beach

This is same area when I packed up as starting to lose the water

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great effort on the Coalie **** and some nice pics of the mark, thanks for sharing :-D

·
Registered
238 Posts
give marsden a shot mate, should be wrasse around there on the sp's. Also pollock, plenty of bait fish in that area.

I've never seen so many sand eel in frenchman's bay when we were up there last year, saying that we only caught big launce so too many bait fish may be a bad thing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Its been a while since I lived in Shields @ the marine college - ocean road and the curry houses still there?

Nice one on the coalie!
Ocean road is now nearly a curry house every other property, bloody loads of them and they're all pretty good. Get the wind in the right direction and you can smell them when on the end of the pier :shock:. For those that don't know - Shields pier is a mile long and about a further quarter mile to Ocean Rd.

give marsden a shot mate, should be wrasse around there on the sp's. Also pollock, plenty of bait fish in that area.

I've never seen so many sand eel in frenchman's bay when we were up there last year, saying that we only caught big launce so too many bait fish may be a bad thing.
That was where I was inteding to head off to Andy till I got delayed. Would have meant fishing into the first two hrs of the dropping tide which generally is a waste of time there. Its the next target though once a bit free time matches up with the tides.

·
Registered
865 Posts
welldone on gettin out mate, at least you picked summik up, have you had any on the river side of pier basiclly oposite where you are fishing, thick kelp and shallowish?

·
Registered
161 Posts
hi ino fishermen had few bass in there nets on regular basis but im from north side so not sure area they had nets off but they are there like try few shots my self any ideas cheers rod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts