The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I am out shortly to have my first try at LRF without the aid of a local expert (Mr Hayes),
I will be trying curly tailed grubs and some paddle tail minnows first as the japanese seem to use them to cover lots of water and find the fish. Then hopefully switching to the Aji Meet that was producing so well in Weymouth. ANYTHING caught tonight will be 90% luck, but fingers crossed. Will let everyone know how I do.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Guys,
Well I think work in progress is probably the best description. Got a whacking bite-turned out to be a crab!! Apart from that not much result wise.
But I have learnt that on the right braid a 1.5" paddletail feels like a 6" paddletail shad!
Muddy water seems NOT be ideal for LRF.
But that tiny little tension on the line, and waiting for a bite is VERY addictive!!
Early days, I think getting the right venue is my priority. LOTS to learn, but should be fun doing it.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good luck Mike,
Weymouth definately has the edge for LRF at the moment, I will be venue hunting over the next few days. Got to put some hours in, bearing in mind that I am not at home with normal sized SP, I have a lots practice and blanks coming my way until I really get a handle on LRF. But nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
If I start losing hope, I will be down for a visit (from what you said middle of december sounded good!!;-) )
Hope you get that decent pollack, we saw by the boat hull-looked like a good fish.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Thanks keith, cheers Dave. Im still a catch report behind, but I may combine them when i get back in later.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mike,
What pics like this one??

One of Mikes fish from the last time I was in Weymouth

1 - 20 of 22 Posts