The Lure Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Baitfish would be a good start, either by spotting the fish themselves, or spotting birds. Cormorants active in the area (as opposed to roosting) would normally indicate baitfish present that the Bass could feed on.

Where are you fishing?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Baitfish would be a good start, either by spotting the fish themselves, or spotting birds. Cormorants active in the area (as opposed to roosting) would normally indicate baitfish present that the Bass could feed on.

Where are you fishing?
We saw a number of cormorants working close inshore yesterday and yet we blanked. I think this was due to lack of clarity and low water temps yet we knew the cormorants were onto something....

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
i was working in criccieth yesterday,the sea was quite rough and the water very coloured,also on the bird thing,cormarants feed on a wide range of things and their presence should not be taken as a given that the kind of fish a bass preys on are there,still a bit early up here and the water temp at in the criccieth/porthmadoc area is a couple of degrees lower than the north lleyn peninsula/ dinas dinlle ,newborough/aberfraw/rhosneigr areas,where bass have started to show to bait.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Of course they wont indicate there is Bass there, but on a stretch of coast where you dont know where to start, starting somewhere where there is obviously a food source of some kind like that is better than just starting closest to the car.

I blanked last night :-(

·
Registered
324 Posts
where were you guys fishing? was around st caths area on saturday evening as was working earlier on and missed the meet. Had a quick plugging session using the RB 270 and have to say that after using the TR4 the RB 270 felt like a scaffolding bar, a least no worries about snapping the tip. lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was working in criccieth yesterday,the sea was quite rough and the water very coloured,also on the bird thing,cormarants feed on a wide range of things and their presence should not be taken as a given that the kind of fish a bass preys on are there,still a bit early up here and the water temp at in the criccieth/porthmadoc area is a couple of degrees lower than the north lleyn peninsula/ dinas dinlle ,newborough/aberfraw/rhosneigr areas,where bass have started to show to bait.
Your right about it been coloured trevor stopped in then continued to the north side of the lleyn still blanked though won't be long till it picks up though now.

·
Registered
687 Posts
i had a go in newborough last friday night(home village). nothin doin.the water was very cloudy .i`m goin again tomorrow night,will let you know how i got on.having just bought a 145 tide minnow off ****,do you guys think it might be too big early season?i had a lot of joy using jts last year but they don`t cast very far to be honest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts