The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It went a bit mental last night.

8 fish on the hard plugs in an hour. Hitting the lure as it hit the surface.

Lost 3 fish, one of them felt very big and very bassy, big thumping head shakes followed by that feeling of braid v's barnacles. Unfortunately the barnacles won. If anyone catches a bass with a Daiwa Shoreline Shiner SL-17FG in School Iwashi in it's mouth, can I have it back please?? The lure, not the bass. I liked that lure... Great for when the fish are feeding on small baitfish :wink:

Unfortunately no bass landed. 1 Rockie, 1 mackerel and 6 pollack. It was a bit mental for a while there!!

Melvie and pin eels all over the rocks on my way back up, must have been chased to their doom by the mackerel and pollack. Not seen that for years.

I am sure there were bass down there but I couldn't get through the pollack, even with the bigger lures.

Pics later...

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
were you not de-barbed then Andy ?

I have in the past, experience of this myself so i'm not pointing fingers.
De-barb em m8, conscience is clear then.

Good fishing though, well done.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Nice one Andy. I have the same lure in the same colour, the only exception being that I havent used it yet! Will have to break it out.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nice fishing Andy! Pity about the bigun. Slightly off topic but with regards to leaving lures in fish this link about kob has some info on the matter. The kob is fairly similar to our bass but mainly feeds near/off the bottom and grows much much bigger. Both have a huge mouth.

http://www.fishingec.com/?p=5749

·
Registered
323 Posts
barbless hooks

no barbs easy release teaches you to keep that line tight plus the added bonus of less trips to the hospital:-D
pete

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's some pics from the last few days trips...

The boy out with me, sit him down and he can't all over...

smDSCF3247.JPG

Cliff mark, loads of tide despite the dead neap. Big swirls of water where the tides meet coming round the headland. No fish in it that night though.

smDSCF3248.JPG smDSCF3250.JPG

And some fish from this thread. All of these ones appear to be on the Feed Shallow in Mullet.

smDSCF3251.JPG smDSCF3252.JPG

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts