The Lure Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I finally decided that I need a fishfinder, so I decided to start with something not too expensive. That's because I am not a pro, and fishing is just a hobby for me that I sometimes take too serious lol
Anyways, at the moment my budget is around $300, so having read the reviews, I realize, that Gramin and Humminbird are two leaders that people recommend. These 2 are within my budget, and based on the Amazon and youtube reviews seem a good investment for the money. However, I decided to post here and ask your folks opinion before I purchase one.
Humminbird 410210-1 Helix 5 Chirp GPS G2 Fish Finder on Amazon
Garmin STRIKER CHIRP Fishfinder at Boat ID
If anyone here can say something about these 2, I'd be happy to know what you folks think.
Appreciate any help and comments...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jim, I also hate spam so I understand, why you're so suspicious to a new guy....
But this time you are not talking to a bot or spammer who wants to promote some crappy stuff here lol. I just really need a recommendation on a fishfinder, as I am a total noob in these things, and that's the reason why I posted here....

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Jim you ole cynic!
Not many posts about fish finders on here, even when it was busy, so I reckon you'll struggle for feedback on newer models.
Is this a sea or freshwater based request? Proper boat or kayak?
Let us know how you get on once you decide and have given the new toy some use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts