The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,probably a slly question but I want to go the southern irland this autumn to test some new gear and have some fun

Any advise on where and when to go as wellas where to stay? as I know late autumn can be very productive

I am a new member and willing to take any advise given

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok,probably a slly question but I want to go the southern irland this autumn to test some new gear and have some fun

Any advise on where and when to go as wellas where to stay? as I know late autumn can be very productive

I am a new member and willing to take any advise given
What about the southeast coast? Wexford/waterford area throws up all sorts of fun.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Anywhere on the coast between The Shannon and Wexford harbour gets my vote Bill.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You could consider an angling guide either? Its a bit late in the year now to be trying to book guides but you never know your luck. Also consider a back up plan you never know what irish weather can throw at you...Tight lines!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there Andrew

Thanks for your reply

Thats really useful information

As you say tides are really important,do you like springs or neaps in Cork?

I have had a great time on the salmon in Fermoy in the last few years,not always to do with the fishing

I hope to come over to experiment with some new gear I am iimporting which looks interesting but I do like to try it out first.

Bill

·
Registered
380 Posts
hi bill allways the best fishing is just before full moon and if u need a few marks for cork just let me know.i would be more than happy if you joined us over here for a few bass sessions

·
Registered
186 Posts
Andrew is spot on Cork fishes well through October and November with good average size . Tide -wise springs producing more fish in rocky areas , medium tides can be better on the estuaries though . Saying that I would still rather fish a small tide with good swell/chop than a calm/flat spring if you know what i mean .I don't fish the harbour myself but County Cork has had an amazing season this year and at times the fishing has been phenominal , one of my mates took 13 bass in 2.5 hours on a bomber plug?from a local shore mark the smallest fish was 6lb!............now thats fishing. Not sure how the other counties are getting on this season but with the good weather we've had this summer i would imagine they're fishing well aswell.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Salmon and seatrout have been good this season aswell , they stopped the drift netting over 4 years ago and you could really see the rewards this year , everybody has been saying it the best its been for over 30 years , i don't bother myself as bassmad but its nice to be able to write some positive news and as you've fished Fermoy you know the scene.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All really useful information

Thank you guys and I look forward to visiting even though its getting late

Caught some nice fish in Guernsey this weekend,tough this tackle testing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts