The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to plan a camping trip for me and my mate to do a bit of fishing in Jersey July or August time.... I have seen on the web two campsites one being Beuvelande and the other being Rozel, they look very nice sites bit different to what i'm used to... as i usually end up in a farmers field in West Wales with cold showers... down to the fishing, i have done fair bit of research on the web for lure fishing, shows many wrasse, bass, pollack etc being caught but i just cant find what areas to go... also what are the best plugs to use over there??? as much advice on fishing & camping sites etc as possible would be great. Thanks for having the time to read this long message. Richard

·
Registered
146 Posts
There is another still going at St Ouen, Bleu Soleil? which is a better area for fishing.

Rozel is closer to the sea and beautiful views of France.

Both have pubs within a 15-20 minute walking distance.

The usual array of plugs and plastics will do, natural or bright colours.

Tackle shops will have a good supply of lures at decent prices also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nicolas,

Thanks for some advice, would you say staying at Bleu Soleil is far better then, as going to have transport so i could travel to spots, just got know idea where im going... is there any tackle shops??? i have bought some lures off Mr Fish in the past, would like to buy some before i go.. just know what ones to get. Thanks

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Richard.

Bleu Soleil is nice. My surfing friends stay there when they come over. The whole coastline can produce fish. Whatever lures work for you will probably work here too. Best thing to do is; when you come over get yourself to MrFish tackle shop and they guys in there will help you out. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nicolas,

Thanks for some advice, would you say staying at Bleu Soleil is far better then, as going to have transport so i could travel to spots, just got know idea where im going... is there any tackle shops??? i have bought some lures off Mr Fish in the past, would like to buy some before i go.. just know what ones to get. Thanks
I'd wait till you got here Richard. **** and Nicola at mr fish will put you right on plugs and some good spots to go. Oh just bring your wallet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
thanks for the wallet tip.. and other advice been given. cheers
Note the coast near the campsite is restricted access, and angling is from the shore from Plemont to Greve de Lecq is a voluntary no go area. This also goes for other activities. This is to allow seabirds there to nest.

Some of the NW is steep cliffs, and exposed to the Atlantic swell (which should not be to much of a problem in the summer), but it is a favourite shore fishing area for me.

If your into beach fishing there is Plemont, and St Ouen's nearby both popular areas.

There is a web site for Bleu soleil, if your interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts