The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth trying the banks during the winter months using soft plastics or will I be wasting my time.If not any suggestions for offshore fishing during the winter months using lures around Jersey

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
I fished off the boat all last winter Alan, had a load of Callig up to 7lb here. Find the usual reefs, I'm sure they'll be in Jersey too.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
There must be some inshore Pollack too, like the south coast Noirmont way and even West Rock/ Banque des Ormes? Probably some big wrasse there all winter too Alan? Cold though mate, you'll need your thermals and a flask of soup!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Had some nice Pollock & Bass all through the winter on the Jailers, Bass do get very thin on the ground once you get into Febuary. Turbot & Brill can be caught all through the winter on the banks.The inside bank holds some medium sized Pollock on the dropoff when the tide is running to the east. The outter banks have some nice sized whiting.

·
Registered
326 Posts
There must be some inshore Pollack too, like the south coast Noirmont way and even West Rock/ Banque des Ormes? Probably some big wrasse there all winter too Alan? Cold though mate, you'll need your thermals and a flask of soup!!
A mate had one of 8lb just 300yds offshore last year. The day before we had over 50 between the three of us, Phil had the biggest that day, think it was around 5lb.

Gaz had one of 5 1/2 (i think) over 5 anyway from the shore a couple of weeks ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts